Creed of Alpha Tau Omega:
“To bind men together in a brotherhood based upon eternal and immutable principles, with a bond as strong as right itself and as lasting as humanity; to know no North, no South, no East, no West, but to know man as man, to teach that true men the world over should stand together and contend for supremacy of good over evil; to teach, not politics, but morals; to foster, not partisanship, but the recognition of true merit wherever found; to have no narrower limits within which to work together for the elevation of man than the outlines of the world: these were the thoughts and hopes uppermost in the minds of the founders of the Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity.”
– Otis Allan Glazebrook, 1880
Fun Facts About ATΩ
- The LeaderShape Institute, Inc. was created in 1986 by Alpha Tau Omega and is considered one of the country’s premier leadership development training programs available to college students and young professionals.
- ATΩ was honored by the Smithsonian Institute for the innovative use of technology with an award for Information Technology in the field of Government and Non-Profit Organizations in June 1995. The award was given for ATΩ’s innovative use of CompuServe as an online communications tool.
- ATΩ annually ranks among the top ten national fraternities for the number of chapters and the total number of members. ATΩ has more than 250 active and inactive chapters with more than 200,000 members and more than 6,500 undergraduate members.
- The ATΩ Foundation provides more than $150,000 in annual scholarships to members-including scholarships to attend the LeaderShape Institute, Inc.
Founders of Alpha Tau Omega: